What are the area attractions?
There is a lot to do on-site at Pine Lakes Lodge Bed and Breakfast with 550 acres of trails, fishing, horseback riding, our animals, beautiful nature and more. However, we realize that in making a trip away from home, you might want an outing nearby to any number of area attractions. We are very fortunate to be in an area that is rich with Ohio history and culture.
Want to check this information while you are at Pine Lakes Lodge? No problem - complimentary access to WiFi is available in the common areas.
Again, it is not our intent for this to be an end-all resource, and we do not necessarily endorse any specific businesses unless so noted. We conducted general Google searches and provide these maps and links for your convenience. As many of our staff are long-time resident of the area, we suggest that if want additional insight or information, you visit with our staff upon arrival or give us a call beforehand at 740-679-3617 as you plan your trip. We will do our best to be as helpful as possible.
Seneca Lake is a short drive from Pine Lakes Cabins. 3500-acre lake is part of the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District and features swimming (life-guard beach), boating, and fishing.
Salt Fork State Park
Besides nature and standard Ohio state park features, they have a public golf course, too.
4755 Cadiz Road
Lore City, Ohio 43755
Golf Course: 740-432-7185
The Wilds is one of the largest wildlife conservation centers in the world and is directly affiliated with The Columbus Zoo – considered the top Zoological Gardens in the United States (and home to Jungle Jack Hanna, Director Emeritus and renown “Letterman” guest).
14000 International Road
Cumberland, OH 43732
Guernsey County, OH
There is so much to do during your stay at Pine Lakes Cabins!
For a list of Area Activities and Calendar of Events in Guernsey County, be sure to check out www.VisitGuernseyCounty.com Some of the attractions include:
- The Apparition Commission
- Boyd’s Crystal Art Glass
- Byesville Historical Society & Museum
- Byesville Scenic Railway (Cancelled for 2012 Season)
- Dickens Victorian Village
- Great American Steam Locomotive Museum
- The Cambridge Main Street Farmers Market
- Guernsey County Genealogical Society Library
- Guernsey County Historical Museum
- Hopalong Cassidy Museum
- The John and Annie Glenn Historic Site
- King Pin Lanes
- The Living Word Outdoor Drama
- Mosser Glass, Inc.
- National Museum Of Cambridge Glass
- National Road/Zane Grey Museum
- Premier Theater
- Salt Fork State Park – Golf Course
- Stone House Museum
- Terra Cotta Vineyards
- Zipline Safari Tour at the Wilds
Noble County, OH
For a list of Area Activities and Calendar of Events in Noble County, be sure to check out www.noblecountyohio.com. Some of the attractions include:
- The Big Muskie Bucket and Miners’ Memorial Park
- The Wilds – North America’s largest Conservation Facility for Endangered Species
- U.S.S. Shenandoah Crash Sites
- Baker Glass Museum & Antique Gallery
- Thorla-McKee Well – “First Oil Well In North America”
- Whitetail Deer Gallery
- Wolf Run Lake – 220 acre lake for boating and fishing
- Seneca Lake – 3500 acre lake as park of the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District offers numerous recreational opportunities, including fishing, swimming (life-guard beach)