With so many activities available on-site, most families rarely find the need to leave! There is always something to do during your stay at Pine Lakes Lodge Bed and Breakfast in Salesville, OH (near Cambridge, OH).
Pine Lakes Lodge shares with Pine Lakes Cabins on its extensive estate. With over 550 acres of green rolling hills and meadows deep in the heart of Amish country, the possibilities are endless! Plus, there are a few attractions nearby that will satisfy you run for fun!
Some of our activities:
- Stocked lakes for fishing (sorry, no swimming allowed!)
- Clay Range (Shooting) *
- Seasonal Bow Hunting on over 1200 acres with two experienced outfitters *
- Four Wheeling Fun – NEW ATV Rentals ($75/Hr) or John Deere® Gators ($100/Hr).
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding, Guided Trail Ride *
- Horseback Riding Lessons Available *
- Visiting with Carl our pet camel
- Petting Zoo which includes mini-horses & donkeys
- Observation Deck overlooking our 9 buffalo, 3 long horn steers, and more than 60 white-tailed deer.
- Visit with Leo, our bulldog resident who lives in his own heated/air conditioned house next to the lodge.
- Visit with our ducks and swans at one of 2 ponds they frequently swim in (please - no human swimming!)
Still not enough to do? See Area Attractions. There are tons of things to do nearby too!
Walk through the 550 acre estate to surround yourself in nature’s majesty. Linger for a while in any number of quiet settings near a sparkling pond or in the shade of a fragrant pine.
With advance special arrangement with our companion Pine Lakes Lodge Chef, we will even prepare a picnic basket * for you upon request. See Special Add-on Packages.
Fish one of our stocked ponds, or take a short drive for more fishing at nearby Seneca Lake Park (they have a fish hatchery there) or Salt Fork State Park.
Bring your own fishing rods and tackle. There are many bait shops nearby!
While our ponds are very lovely, clean and quite inviting on a hot summer day, we must insist that no swimming is allowed. No exceptions. Nearby Seneca Lake is certainly an option for families that would like to swim – they actually have a lifeguard beach for a nice day trip outing.
Wildlife Observation Tower, Petting Zoo
Watch the whitetail deer from the lodge deck. Take a short stroll to our wildlife observation platform or petting zoo, home to miniature horses, donkeys, horses, buffalo and our camel Carl. We will even let you feed them!
Four Wheeling & More
Rent an ATV (NEW!) or John Deere® Gator for some four-wheeling fun while on vacation or holiday with us. We have an extensive set of trails on our 550 acre property. Rentals are available on a seasonal and hourly basis.
Enjoy the many species of birds that make our property their home. Vantage points include the public decks around the lodge or the limitless number of quiet spots to be found on the estate. Just ask – we provide the binoculars to borrow! Just ask to check them out.
Campfires are Easy with Our Fire-Pit
The Lodge is equipped with a fire-pit —perfect for a group gathering, making S’mores, cozy up or star-gazing. We can even sell you a S’more Kit. For those staying in our cabins (via Pine Lakes Cabins on our estate), each has a fire-pit and we can sell charcoal or firewood, if needed.